What's new in AnyLogic 8.3
Material Handling Library
AnyLogic version 8.3 introduces the specialized Material Handling Library.
It enables and assists the simulation of processes in factories and
warehouses. The library is especially useful for simulating production
lines and assembly lines, as well as the transportation of goods in
warehouses and factories – including the use of robots, such as
automated guided vehicles (AGV). The routing of AGVs can be handled
automatically in AnyLogic to help simplify model development.
New example models
To help you get started with the new
library, there are several example models and how-tos. You can find the
example models on the AnyLogic welcome page in the application, and
also in the AnyLogic Cloud:
- Solar Panel Production Line
- Palletizing system with AGV
- Warehouse conveyor
Models now launch in the browser
you run a model in AnyLogic 8.3, instead of the usual presentation
window, a browser window will open to display the model animation. This
development enables improved animation, as already seen in the AnyLogic
New 3D shape format support
AnyLogic 3D shapes now
use the Collada (*.dae) format. This gives developers greater freedom
to use 3rd party objects in models. Note: 3D shapes in the old *.x3d
format will be converted and should be verified.
Custom blocks can be created in 2 clicks
Custom flowchart blocks
are useful when you need to simplify the appearance of a process
diagram or use the same group of blocks several times. To create a
custom block: in the process diagram, select the blocks you want to
group, right click the mouse button, and select Create Flowchart Block
from the context menu. The properties and icon of custom blocks are
- Cloud model animation: added camera transition animation.
- Colors dialog: the Chosen color text field is now editable.
- Graphical Editor: 3D window grid is drawn at design-time.
- Graphical Editor: camera element is centered and highlighted in the editor after pasting new coordinates from clipboard.
- Improved interactivity of model animation: shapes having On click code are now highlighted on mouse cursor hover.
- Properties: Agent and Embedded Agent / Population, Dimensions and movement properties: added highlighting for non-default values.
- Conveyor, Bulk conveor belt: added properties to draw stands, from some base Z-level.
- Increased performance of opening a model and showing Properties view.
- Statechart actions: added 'self' argument - reference to the current statechart element.
- 3D Lights: changed properties: some advanced light settings are removed, e.g. specular color, quadratic attenuation.
- 3D Object: It is possible now to use transparent custom colors in 3D objects.
- Exporting model to standalone application
now generates run script files (e.g. bat, sh) for all operating systems
(Windows, Linux, Mac). The only requirements are Java and, for OS other
than the one the model is exported from: Chromium browser in a
'chromium' subfolder of exported model.
- Refactored some example models to using Canvas shape - improved drawing performance for large populations (with > 100k agents).
- Refactored Harvest Simulator example - now using Fluid Library.
- Engine API: Renamed Presentation concept to ExperimentHost: getPresentation() function is now deprecated. Please use getExperimentHost() instead, if needed. Old models are converted automatically.
- Engine API: Added traceln() functions with color argument, which allows you to add colored lines to model's debug panel console.
- Engine API: Added new functions for searching network elements.
- Engine API: 3D Object: it is now possible to change custom color mappings at run-time using setColor(materialName, color) function. Material name can be found in property view.
- Engine API: Added more toDate() functions: parsing string as a date and creating date for the given day, month and year values.
- New 3D objects: manufacturing machines, aircraft parts.
- Introduced smooth 3D camera movement.
- 3D Objects added from palette are now stored in '3d' subfolder, not 'x3d' as earlier.
- New 3D-objects – aircraft parts and manufacturing equipment.
- Process Modeling Library: ResourcePool. Added function getRequests() to view current queue of requests for resource units.
- Process Modeling Library: Seize. Added function recalculateResourceChoiceConditions()
to re-check custom resource choice conditions for reserved and idle
units which may become available for reserving and seizing by some
agents that are waiting for a unit.
- Process Modeling Library: Seize: added options to choose the nearest / best unit for the given agent.
- Pedestrian default animation is now not click-selectable by default. To customize this please add PedSettings block to your model and turn on the corresponding parameter.
- Legacy: removed 32-bit version of AnyLogic for Linux operating systems.
- Legacy: Charts: removed On item removal code property.
- Legacy: Group: On draw code property: graphics and panel keywords are no longer available.
- Legacy: Experiments: removed Maximized size, Close confirmation and other window-related properties. Added options to enable and to show developer panel on start.
Standalone exported models: removed runtime preferences dialog.
Introduced ini-file mechanism to define custom preferences.
new design of user interface created by default for new simulation,
optimization, parameter variation and other type experiments. For
example, there is no "Run the model" button anymore. Standard "Run"
button should be used.
- Experiment: Enable zoom and panning
option: now, if off, it doesn't allow to look outside of the current
view area, while allowing to zoom/pan inside the area (common behavior
for touchscreen devices).
- Added preferences for setting connection to a Private Cloud.
- GIS map: The Cycle map type of tiles was removed due to changes in its usage policy.
- Export to AnyLogic Cloud: Added options to provide public access to the model and describe it.
- Temporary change: disabled drawing of links between agents in GIS space.
- Temporary change: Events Profiler is not shown at runtime.
- Temporary change: Area having slope is drawn in 3D like horizontal.
- Code generation of getNameOfShape_xjal() could exceed the size limit.
- Code generation of "On click" code for Agent Presentation shape of agent population.
- Fixed bug with build error after deleting model database.
- Toolbar: fixed bug when AnyLogic Cloud user name could be "null" on the Login toolbar button.
- Graphical Editor: fixed editing of Text element: Ctrl+A was not working in the in-place editor, corrected displaying of non-English letters.
- Fixed example model "Wholesale warehouse", reaction to controller capacity change.
- Fixed example model "Predator Prey", where NaN could occur on a virtual speed.
- Fixed example model "Grain Terminal", where deadlock could occur on a virtual speed.
- Some old 3D rendering issues were fixed with migrating to new 3D (browser-based) technology.
- Fixed 3D drawing issues related to Text shapes displaying certain languages.
- Fixed function executeExpression() - now it supports parallel evaluations in multi-run experiments.
- Fixed order of initialization: Schedules, Custom Distributions and Table Functions are now loaded from database after agent parameter are set.
- Fixed bug: sometimes adding new parameter to agent type didn't add it to agents of that type until reopening the model.
- Shapes' properties: fixed bug with changing color from "No/default color" to some value using the Colors dialog: this might result to a fully transparent color.
- Fixed creation of Compare Runs experiment: there could be a compilation error with automatically generated call to getPresentation().refresh().
- Fixed code completion in statechart transition triggered by message (type of msg argument).
- Library blocks' properties: Some flowchart blocks had their essential Agent type parameter in the Advanced section - now these arguments are in the top section.
- Process Modeling Library: Seize block: fixed exception in queue when the Enable preemption mode is turned on.
Modeling Library: Fixed resource movement through network when
preemption occurs: units might instantly jump to the current agent's
- Fluid Library: In some cases one Bulk Conveyor with in-rate equal to zero couldn't be stopped.
- AnyLogic Cloud: Uploading: Reduced size of the GIS cache.
- Engine: Fixed error: function Path.getPointAtOffset() could return NaN coordinates in rare cases.
- Engine: Fixed goToPopulation( population ) function: it could cause internal presentation error.