Code Completion Master
AnyLogic supports intelli-sense
mechanism. This significantly
simplifies typing code since you do not need to type the whole names of
functions, variables and parameters. You can use the intelli-sense
wizard to insert a variable name or a call of a function.
The wizard looks as a list,
parameters, and functions. You can simply select the name in the list,
and it will
be inserted in the expression automatically.
insert a name using the Code Completion Master
- Move cursor at the position
where you want to place the object name.
- Press Ctrl+space (Mac OS: Option-space). The wizard
listing all model variables and predefined functions appears.
Optionally you can
change the key combination that invokes code completion in AnyLogic
preferences dialog, on the Key
- Scroll to the name you want
to add, or type the first letters of the name until it becomes visible
in the list.
- Select the name by clicking.
The wizard displays the detailed description of the selected object in
the popup text box.
- Double-click the name to
insert it into the equation expression.
Some tips for using code assist
- You can use the mouse or the keyboard (Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Page
Up, Page Down, Home, End, Enter) to navigate and select lines in the
- If you select a line in the content assist list, you can view
Javadoc description for that line in the window opened to the right.
- Clicking or pressing Enter on a selected line in the list inserts
the selection into the editor.
- You can access specialized content assist features inside Javadoc