Saving a Model Snapshot
To save a snapshot
- First, check that your model is serializable,
i.e. states of all model elements can be saved, and therefore all the
information about the current state of the model can be saved
model snapshot file. To check this, select the model
item (e.g. Model)
in the Projects
view, and then select Tools
> Check for Snapshot Compatibility from the main
menu. If there are some unserializable elements in your model, fix this, and
- Snapshots can be saved and restored only when the model
execution is paused. Run the model and then pause the execution by
the Pause toolbar button.
- Now you will need snapshot management commands. Snapshot
commands are located in the File
toolbar. By default, this toolbar is hidden, so you should click the Customize toolbars toolbar
button and choose File
from the popup menu so it should turn ticked.
- Click the Save
- The Save
dialog box will be opened.
- Specify the name and location of the snapshot
file and click the Save
button when finished.
- The model state is saved. You can now continue the
stop, close it, or even shut down your computer.
Saving a model snapshot via API
Also, you can save snapshots
using API of class Presentation.