Saving a Model Snapshot
To save a snapshot
- First, check that your model is serializable,
i.e. states of all model elements can be saved, and therefore all the
information about the current state of the model can be saved
model snapshot file. To check this, select the model
item (e.g. Model)
in the Projects
view, and then select Tools
> Check for Snapshot Compatibility from the main
menu. If there are some unserializable elements in your model, fix this, and
- Snapshots can be saved and restored only when the model
execution is paused. Run the model and then pause the execution by
the Pause control.
- Now you will need the snapshot management commands. The snapshot
commands are located in the developer panel. To open the developer panel click the rightmost Open developer panel control, located in the model window.
- By default, the snapshot commands are hidden. To see them, click the show/hide snapshot options control in the topmost line of the developer panel.
- Click the save
- The Save
dialog box will open.
- Specify the name and location of the snapshot
file and click the Save
button when finished.
- The model state is saved. You can now continue the
stop, close it, or even shut down your computer.
Saving a model snapshot via API
You can also save snapshots programmatically.