The User profile screen
contains general information about your user account.
To open the User profile screen
Go to the user menu > Profile.
On this screen, you can configure your user account using the provided controls.
User profile sections
The screen contains the following sections:
- Profile photo — Displays your profile photo.
- To set a new photo or change the existing one, click the Change photo button and browse for the image file that you want to set your profile photo.
- To delete the profile photo, click the Delete button (active only if you already have a profile photo).
- Statistics — Displays the following data on the models contained
in the My Models folder:
- The number of uploaded Models.
- The number of model Versions.
- The number of performed experiment Runs.
- Personal information — Allows to specify or modify the following
- First name — Your first name.
- Last name — Your last name.
- Company — The company that you represent.
- LinkedIn profile URL — The link to your profile at LinkedIn.
- Personal page URL — The link to your page at any
other domain name.
- About — Say a few words about yourself.
Notification settings — (collapsed by default) Allows to specify whether you want to receive the email notifications when certain events occur:
- Notify me about new comments to my models — If selected, you will receive an email notification when someone leaves a new comment to your model.
- Notify me about new likes to my models — If selected, you will receive an email notification when someone clicks the Like button under your model.
- Change password — (collapsed by default) Allows changing your
AnyLogic Cloud password.
- Delete profile — (collapsed by default) Expand to remove your
account from AnyLogic Cloud.
: You will not be able to restore the account and the data it contains:
- Profile data (name, links, descriptions, other details).
- Uploaded models. The shared access to such models will be lost. A model will not be deleted if you assign the Developer role to another user. In this case, this user will receive full ownership of the model once you delete your account.
- Your comments will not be deleted. The author’s name will be changed to indicate that the account is inactive.
Private Cloud users have access to the API section of the User profile screen:
This section contains an API key that you can use to interact with your Private Cloud environment with your standalone tests and applications. To learn more about Private Cloud API, see the Cloud API documentation.
To change your AnyLogic Cloud password
- Expand the Change password
- Type your current AnyLogic Cloud password and your new password
in the corresponding fields.
- Confirm your new password by typing it again in the Confirm password field.
- Click the Change password button to apply changes.
Viewing public profiles of other users
You can view the information about other AnyLogic Cloud users from their public profiles.
To open a public profile of a user
For models you are developing: Open the Sharing tab of the model screen and click the name of the needed user in the Model access section.
For models developed by other users: Open the model screen and click the name of the needed user in the Developers: field.
Each public profile contains the information the user provided in their personal information, as well as the following statistics:
- The number of models the user develops,
- The number of versions of these models,
- The number of model runs.
To open the user’s model list
- Click Public Models by user, where user is the name of the user, in the public profile of this user.
To message a user
Click the Send message button in the public profile of the needed user.
: You must be logged in
into AnyLogic Cloud to proceed.
In the subsequent form, type your message. Use plain text.
Your message will be emailed to the user. In the From field of the resulting letter, the AnyLogic support email will be specified, so your personal information will not be revealed.
The resulting letter will contain a link to your profile which the message recipient can use to access your public profile directly.
To delete your AnyLogic Cloud account
- Expand the Delete profile
- Read the warning message. If you wish to proceed, click the Delete profile button.
- A confirmation box will pop-up, informing you of irreversible changes that will affect your account data.
- Click the red Delete button to delete your account completely.
Tutorial: Exporting a model to